It’s Wednesday, I know. Hump Day… I find almost every Wednesday I feel worn out and tired and literally wanting to become a hermit and just live off chocolate and Netflix… Feels?
And although I should be taking a responsible approach as a blogger and not telling you to procrastinate work to read this list… PROCRASTINATE WORK AND READ THIS LIST!
25 REASONS TO SMILE ON A WEDNESDAY
1. This little animal exists in our very own country down in Perth, and is called a Quokka! 😍
2. You’ve made it halfway through week. And like, Friday doesn’t really count because it’s weekend-preparation-day.. SO 2 more days lets do this!
3. Wine Wednesday…?
4. The first ever cake mix was patented on a Wednesday, and I mean come on, who doesn’t love cake?
5. To make sure they don’t float away, sea otters hold hand when they sleep.
6. On Google, write ~ before your word and you’ll get synonyms of the inquiry in the results. Why did no one tell me this when I was in school…?
7. Wednesday is named after Woden, the most powerful god in German pantheon. Is that not a good enough reason to make today amazing?
8. Studies show bosses are more open and acceptable on this day, so get your requests in!
9. We are all made of stardust. I think that is possibly the most beautiful thing ever to exist in physics.
10. There is a basketball court on the top floor of the U.S. Supreme Court Building. It is known as the “highest court in the land”.
11. The 2 people that voiced Minnie & Mickey Mouse are married in real life. OMFG thats so cute.
12. Hugs literally cure sickness. They can aid in healing wounds faster due to the release of oxytocin, and can improve one’s mood and fight depression due to the releases of serotonin hugging causes in one’s brain.
13. Not only do gentoo penguins mate for life, but they also spend time finding a pebble to give their mate in order to “propose”.
14. It may not be you, but someone, somewhere, is having the best day of their life.
15. Norway once knighted a penguin…
His name was Nils Olav. Nils was promoted each time his owner (the King’s guard) returned to the Zoo where he lived, and after passing away and having his double/twin penguin was knighted as well, and the new Nils Olav reached Colonel in Chief…
…ok. moving on
16. Cats bring you dead animals because they think you’re a crappy cat that can’t survive on it’s own.
17. The kingdom of Bhutan uses “gross national happiness” as a key national indicator.
18. Honey is self preserving which means it never goes off. Technically you could eat 3,000 year old honey.
19. If you somehow found a way to extract all of the gold from the bubbling core of our lovely little planet, you would be able to cover all of the land in a layer of gold up to your knees.
20. The Spanish national anthem has no words… righteo.
21. 29th of May is the offical “put a pillow on your fridge day”
WTF why is this a thing?
22. If Pinocchio says “My Noes Will Grow Now”, it would cause a paradox. #dead
23. There’s enough DNA in a single human to stretch from Earth to Pluto and back. 17 times.
24. Cows have best friends and they spend most of their lives together.
25. The Beatles used the word ‘love’ 613 times in their songs.